Friday, November 24, 2006

Working things out with Section 8

I spoke with the Section 8 inspector, and he was very reasonable.

It turns out that the township code was recently changed, and that is why I need to fix the wiring in the basement. He just wants the visible wire properly replaced, which will have to be done by an electrician. He also gave me a very generous timeline.

Regarding the paint, I don't have to scrape and repaint all exterior wood like the sheet said, just the areas that need it.

Regarding the pipe, he was also very reasonable, saying that I could just properly cap it.

He also asked if I could call back Monday to schedule inspections of my other apartments, which is required by the township every two years. All of the remaining inspections will most likely be sometime in December.

No comments: