There were lots of great posts this week, and it's been hard picking which ones to include. I was very impressed with the breadth of topics, and feel that we, the Carnival of Real Estate community, should continue to encourage posts regarding all aspects of real estate: realtors, mortgage brokers, landlords, stagers (yes, there was a good post on staging this week), etc.
I am going to list my top 5 and then include the remaining posts in no particular order. Here it goes:
- The Pumpkin That Sold Me a House describes how a realtor can differentiate him or herself. Whatever industry you're in, it is always important to focus on the customer's experience, which is something that is too often forgotten. This post is short, but illustrates how one realtor, without exerting much effort, is reaching their customers in a very effective way.
- Ugh. True Gotham has a really great read about a frustrating mess, at Co-op Board Antics-Redux.
- In Defense of Landlords over at hotpads.com explains why rental prices are rising.
- Mike's Corner Web 2.0 for Real Estate Pros has some good commentary about adapting to change in Change is a good thing.
- Transparent RE makes many much needed points in An Open Letter to the Title Insurance Industry.
- This Old House is Worth $1.23 Million compares two houses, each worth the same, in two different parts of the country.
- Are Zoomf and Nestoria imitating Trulia? What are British real estate sites like?
- The National Association of Realtors Takes an Ad in the Wall Street Journal. "It's a great time to buy or sell a home"? Doesn't sound like sound economics to me.
- Bloodhound blog refutes some of the ridiculous claims against Zillow by the National Community Reinvestment Coalition in Defending Zillow.
- We often don't hear from Stagers on the CoRE, but this week Home Staging, Rants & Ravings submitted a list of reasons to stage in Stagers.. are we red headed step children that get no respect?.
- What's the difference between the rich and the ultra-rich? Wisdom From Wencypoo's Mental Wastebasket describes it in A Revolt of the Fairly Rich.
- Zillow blog gives an overview of the Blog Business Summit containing many good tips for using your blog to help your business.
- Nubricks.com has a little insight into Parisian real estate at The future of immobilier in the Paris property market.
- Always a great read, The Landlord Blog has (one of many) great posts about Sifting Through Property Manager Candidates.
- YoChicago today on What does it mean when a Chicago developer moves into his or her own building?
- Real Central VA has a short but good post on Brand loyalty and quality customer service stemming from a recent consumer experience.
Thank you everybody for submitting the wonderful posts. Also, thanks to everybody who stopped by for the Carnival of Real Estate. Next week, the Carnival will be hosted at True Gotham. Please submit your posts by Sunday, November 12th.