Monday, November 27, 2006

Link ADD

knight
  • I just stumbled upon a new site on which I've already wasted too much time: neighboroo. It allows you to analyze a few statistics about the population of the country by zipcodes, then work your way out.

  • Check out John T. Reed's analysis of Kiyosaki's Rich Dad, Poor Dad, which goes completely against what you'll hear from most real estate investors. If you're familiar with Kiyosaki, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this analysis.

  • A cool rental listing site: housingmaps,

  • Maybe/Someday: Sotheby's International Realty

  • I've been playing a bit of chess recently, and would like to play against any interested Shmandlord readers. If you'd like to play, start up a game with me over at Post Card Chess (using the email address landlordshmandlord AT gmail)


Image: saad

2 comments:

Pete said...

Thanks for the links Rick!

I am no Kiosaki expert, but my opinion on John T. Reed's analysis is: who cares!

My take on Reed's analysis: It is interesting, though I found it just as frustrating as trying to get any real info out of Kiosaki. Its a hodge podge of psuedo-hearsay-information. It is good to see someone trying to break down the myths though.

My take on Kiosaki: I have read Rich Dad Poor Dad. I always assumed it was fictional based on some real life truths (it may be true, but does it matter?). RD is not a step-by-step guide to anything. But, it did open my eyes and help me better define some of my own thoughts. Reed may say RD is a liar, but reading his book was helpful to me. Regardless of whether Kiosaki has 1M or 100M.

pete
http://visualizemilwaukee.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I too found Reeds analysis to be amusing and interesting. It really does cut through the fluff that is the Rich Dad pyramid marketing franchise.

You can see my analysis here.