Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I've got a new tenant!

Finally, my apartment is rented. The lease is signed, and the security deposit and first month's rent were paid. I performed a background and credit check, and also verified that he has had a stable job for several years. There was a surge of interested the past week, so I had a few applicants.

I want to reiterate: make sure that you call a perspective tenant about an hour before you're supposed to show the apartment. I've found that usually when I forget to do this, they forget to show.

There was only one noshow this time around, who when I called 15 minutes after she was supposed to arrive, she responded: "Oh, I was not able to borrow a car. Can you show it to me this weekend?" She surprisingly was actually looking for an answer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another way I've learned, is to tell people to call 30 minutes before the appointment to confirm. This cuts down on no-shows a lot! Or at least on wasted drives.