Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Guest Blogger: Pete's Findings

Pete emailed a follow-up to what he found at the apartment:




Supposedly, the tenant moved out on Friday. No forwarding address. I stopped over on Saturday to see how they left it. I saw their car tracks on the lawn from the patio door, so that was a good sign! I went inside and everything was gone except a mattress, a lot of shoes, and a lot of junk. Oh yeah, and their abandoned car with the flat tire! I should have had that towed weeks ago, but I was just hoping they would take it with so I didn't have to worry about it. I figured I would give them one more day just in case they wanted their shoes. I got the report today from my cleaner... written on a closet shelf was "F*** you Pete!" I think that counts as official notice they moved out. There wasn't much real damage though. Just that kind note etched into the wood and some tooth picks broken off in my maintenance closet lock. Any idea how to take off a door knob from the outside? Oh the joys of being a landlord.




Thanks again Pete. If you haven't already, check out his blog, Visualize Milwaukee

No comments: