Monday, November 27, 2006

Organizational overhaul

For a while I've wanted to overhaul my organizational system in hopes that I can improve my productivity and prevent important details from slipping by. In addition to my landlord ventures, I have a full time job and am also starting my own software company.




So, this weekend I made the move to implement the Getting Things Done system. The basic premise is that you:



  1. capture all the things that need to get done into a logical and trusted system outside of your head and off your mind

  2. disciplining yourself to make decisions about all the inputs you let into your life, so that you will always have a plan for next actions that you can implement or renegotiate at any moment


In the next few days, I will describe how I fit my landlording into the system, what worked, and what didn't. If anybody has or does use this system I would appreciate your thoughts.


Thanks kengo for the image.

No comments: